We know that painting is not limited to the paint itself.
The inspection of painting includes quality control and validation services within the scope of which we control the quality requirements for the smooth progress of painting applications. We inspect within the frame of quality standards the protective paints used in industrial and commercial production and make sure that actions are taken when the production fails to meet quality requirements.
We inspect the conditions required for giving painted surfaces the endurance they need to stand extreme environmental conditions and we work for eliminating the possible risks of corrosion and wear.
The quality control processes for the paint, which determines the service life of the end product and is also visually important, are conducted by our expert engineers with SSPC Level 2 certificates and the following operations are implemented.
- Chemical cleaning of the materials and cleansing them of dirt and grease
- Measuring the surface roughness and salt ratio after shot blasting
- Measuring the period needed to start painting after shot blasting
- Controlling the conditions of the painting process (outside temperature, temperature of the material surface, dew temperature, humidity)
- Wet and dry thickness after painting
- Measuring the curing, MEK test on special cases
- Controlling the paint adherence after the finishing coat (Crosscut or Pull-Off tests)
Some of these tests are done in the presence of the paint supplier’s supervisor so that responsibility is vested in both the paint company and the manufacturer.